The Amalfi coast in Italy is truly stunning! The views as you travel around the area are breath taking so it is no surprise it such a popular destination. The best time to visit here is between the May-June and September-October when the heat is not as sweltering as in the summer months. The area has everything to offer from some of the best restaurants in Italy, plenty of shopping and sightseeing to relaxing on beaches. There is something for everyone to do. We at Suitcase Travel have found our top 8 reasons to love the Amalfi coast.
1. We would definitely recommend hiring a car so you can explore what the coast has to offer as much as possible. The views from driving around the coast are spectacular. Beware of the cliffs though, they can be quite high giving you those spectacular views.ravello
2. Suitcase Travel recommends staying in Conca dei Marini as it is in a great location. It is only 10 minutes’ drive from Amalfi and 30 minutes from Positano, which are the two most popular destinations in the area. At Conca dei Marini, there are fewer tourists here but plenty of tasty local restaurants to choose from without the tourist prices. Our choice of hotel is the Il Saraceno Hotel.
3. For the best views, visit Ravello that sits high in the hills on the Amalfi coast. With its stupendous views, it is no wonder it is a tourist hot spot but please don’t let the tourists put you off as the views makes it all worthwhile. Ravello is also known for its beautiful gardens and its former bohemian residents such as Wagner, Virginia Woolf and DH Lawrence.
lemons4. You will try some of the best Limoncello here. Lemons and olives grow on the trees all around so trying out some Limoncello is a must. You’ll want to bring it all back with you.
5. We all love Italian food and the Amalfi coast will not disappoint. The area also has some of the best Italian seafood dishes you can find. If you’re not usually a fan of seafood, don’t be afraid to try something different as the food cooked here may change your mind. A great restaurant is Ristorante Risorgimento that is in the area of Conca dei Marini.
6. For those who like to relax on the beach, visit Furore and Duoglio beaches. Furore is a small village where the houses are painted. It also has a small beach at the bottom of the village, perfect for those who like a quiet beach. For Duoglio beach, you need to be fairly healthy to reach this beach as there are 400 steps in order to get here. However, it is compensated by the beauty of this beach with some of the cleanest water you will ever experience. If you like water sports, you can rent equipment for wind surfing, scuba diving and canoeing here.sorrento street
7. For a bit of shopping, Sorrento is a must! You will be spoiled for choice on the souvenirs in Sorrento, which aren’t the usual ‘kind you often find in souvenir shops as these are a cut above the norm. There are also lots to see such as the port, the cathedral Basilica di Sant’Antonino and the Museo Correale before wandering around the streets for a bit of shopping.
8. You may even want to stay a night in Naples as this is where many people fly in and out off when visiting the Amalfi coast. Naples is where pizza originates from so it’s the perfect excuse to indulge on one. It’s a well-known fact that you won’t find a better one anywhere else! Our favourite place is Pizzeria Trianon.
If you are thinking of somewhere new to go to next year, the Amalfi coast is ideal. It has something for everyone and it will be a trip you won’t forget! Contact us today for more information.
https://www.suitcasetravel.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/suitcase.jpg270435Net Effecthttps://www.suitcasetravel.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Suitcase-Logo.pngNet Effect2017-12-07 15:20:562019-05-02 08:42:058 Reasons to Love the Amalfi Coast
Suitcase Travel is not about selling holidays, but finding and creating memorable travel experiences that you will want to share with friends and family for years after. The search engines on this site and holidays found in results are for inspiration and price guide.
Thanks to all the team at Suitcase for all your help in finding us a great holiday at the Iberostar Founty Beach, Agadir Morocco. Hotel was great, food was great and the staff were excellent. This was our first time at this hotel but we will back to book again.
John and Sue
The trip to Florence was amazing and thank you so much for your recommendation for Monna Lisa hotel - fabulous location and the hotel exceeded all expectations. It was stunning.
Carlo & Sue
Thank you so much for taking the time to sort out my 30th birthday trip for next month – I never thought I’d be able to afford Disneyland but with you I could!! highly recommend
Suitcase Travel were fantastic in organising our honeymoon. They worked very closely with our specifications and budget to organise a trip to South Africa, including Safari and Mauritius. Communication was fast and effective and customer service was excellent. When the airline delayed our flight last minute, we contacted Suitcase Travel and Penny was able to advise us regarding a missed connecting flight and book us another night at our destination. We would highly recommend Suitcase Travel.
Thank you very much Suitcase Travel for organising my trip to Berlin! Great deal and fantastic service! Highly Recommend
Gave them my budget for a trip to New York and they managed to get me a fantastic deal within my budget. Very professional and excellent customer service.
Subscribe To Our Latest Offers
Suitcase Travel sells travel services on behalf of Hays Travel Limited and benefits from Hays Travel’s membership of ABTA with membership number ABTA P8282 and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct.
For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. Tel: 020 3117 0599 or www.abta.com
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides up to the minute advice for British nationals travelling abroad. We recommend that all prospective travellers check FCO advice when planning journeys and again immediately before travelling. Please click here for foreign travel advice.
We accept the folowing cards:
Hays Travel Limited are registered in England and Wales with company number 1990682 and VAT number 193167195. Registered office: 25 Vine Place, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear SR1 3NA.
Suitcase Travel is a trading name of Suitcase Travel Ltd. who are registered in [England and Wales / Scotland] with company number 12749609 and VAT number 193 167 195. Registered office: 5 Eleanors Cross, Dunstable, England, LU6 1SU