South Africa is a beautiful country and is no surprise why it has become one of our most popular destinations. From wildlife, unforgettable train journeys, wine and a rich culture, South Africa has it all. We love the destination here at Suitcase Travel and so have come up with our top 10 reasons why South Africa should be next on your list of places to visit as well as some ideas on the types of holidays you can go on.
1) Not only can you see the Big 5 on safari but South Africa has some of the best spots for whale watching. The country has many places where you can see the whales from land – on coastal footpaths, cafes and even your hotel. Hermanus is the place to head to for the best chance to catch a sight of these stunning creatures.
2) You can also see penguins! Head to Boulders Beach to see plenty of penguins.
3) Driving around South Africa couldn’t be easier as they also drive on the left hand side of the road.
4) Nature is all around you, even when visiting big cities like Cape Town. Did you know that you can see Zebras on the slopes of Table Mountain?
5) If the budget allows, South Africa has one of the best luxury train journeys in the world that is an experience that you won’t regret – The Blue Train. All your food and drink (including a selection of excellent South African wines) is included on your journey from Cape Town to Pretoria with prices starting from £800 per person.
6) The wine! Visiting the country’s winelands is a must, the 4 main ones being Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franschhoek and Wellington. Just make sure you have room in your suitcase to fit in a few bottles for home.
7) Head to Cape Agulhas where both the Indian Ocean and Atlantic Ocean meet. Where else in the world can you see this?
8) If you have an interest in battlefields, there are plenty to visit in South Africa. The battelfields in Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift in the northern KwaZulu-Natal are most definitely worth visiting.
9) If you head east of the country, it is malaria free making it perfect for any safaris in that area, including in Kruger National Park.
10) We have saved the best for last – you don’t get any jet lag! South Africa is only 2 hours ahead of UK time meaning you can get the most out of your time there.
We have created a few examples of itineraries from our tailor-made team:
Cape Town & Winelands
7 nights from £949 per person – saving up to £1,020! 3 nights 4* Camps Bay Stone Cottages, Cape Town 3 nights 4*Plus River Manor, Stellenbosch Includes FREE wine tasting
Cape Town & Garden Route Self-Drive 10 nights from £1,100 per person – saving up to £750! 3 nights 4* Cape Town 2 nights 4* Paarl 1 night 4* Oudtshoorn 2 nights 4* Plettenberg Bay 2 nights 3*Plus Tsitsikamma Includes 8 day car hire.
Luxury City, Game & Beach 9 nights from £2,299 per person – saving up to £910! 3 nights 5* Amakhosi Safari Lodge, Kwazulu Natal 3 nights 5* Oyster Box Hotel, Umhlanga Rocks, Durban 3 nights 5* Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, Cape Town FREE full board and game activities at Amakhosi Safari Lodge
Don’t fancy doing it alone? Check out this escorted tour
Sensational South Africa 14 days from £2,399pp Kruger, Cape Town and the Garden Route Including flights and VIP door-to-door travel service.
South Africa is also great for families. Doing an escorted tour designed for families is a great way to have a holiday that both you and the children will never forget but there is no stress in organising it or worrying about keeping everyone happy.
South Africa Family Safari with teenagers 12 days from £1,076 per person Johannesburg, Hluhluwe Game Reserve, Kosi Bay, Hlane National Park, Kruger National Park, Blyde River Canyon. Included: 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 10 dinners Soweto Cycle Tour Hluhluwe–iMfolozi Park – Game drives Zulu Village Visit Hlane NP – Game Drive Kruger National Park – Game drive Panorama Route – Bourkes Luck Potholes
https://www.suitcasetravel.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/blog.jpg270435Mike Silfordhttps://www.suitcasetravel.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Suitcase-Logo.pngMike Silford2018-01-05 11:09:242019-05-07 08:34:13Why You Should Visit South Africa Next
Suitcase Travel is not about selling holidays, but finding and creating memorable travel experiences that you will want to share with friends and family for years after. The search engines on this site and holidays found in results are for inspiration and price guide.
Thanks to all the team at Suitcase for all your help in finding us a great holiday at the Iberostar Founty Beach, Agadir Morocco. Hotel was great, food was great and the staff were excellent. This was our first time at this hotel but we will back to book again.
John and Sue
The trip to Florence was amazing and thank you so much for your recommendation for Monna Lisa hotel - fabulous location and the hotel exceeded all expectations. It was stunning.
Carlo & Sue
Thank you so much for taking the time to sort out my 30th birthday trip for next month – I never thought I’d be able to afford Disneyland but with you I could!! highly recommend
Suitcase Travel were fantastic in organising our honeymoon. They worked very closely with our specifications and budget to organise a trip to South Africa, including Safari and Mauritius. Communication was fast and effective and customer service was excellent. When the airline delayed our flight last minute, we contacted Suitcase Travel and Penny was able to advise us regarding a missed connecting flight and book us another night at our destination. We would highly recommend Suitcase Travel.
Thank you very much Suitcase Travel for organising my trip to Berlin! Great deal and fantastic service! Highly Recommend
Gave them my budget for a trip to New York and they managed to get me a fantastic deal within my budget. Very professional and excellent customer service.
Subscribe To Our Latest Offers
Suitcase Travel sells travel services on behalf of Hays Travel Limited and benefits from Hays Travel’s membership of ABTA with membership number ABTA P8282 and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct.
For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ. Tel: 020 3117 0599 or www.abta.com
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides up to the minute advice for British nationals travelling abroad. We recommend that all prospective travellers check FCO advice when planning journeys and again immediately before travelling. Please click here for foreign travel advice.
We accept the folowing cards:
Hays Travel Limited are registered in England and Wales with company number 1990682 and VAT number 193167195. Registered office: 25 Vine Place, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear SR1 3NA.
Suitcase Travel is a trading name of Suitcase Travel Ltd. who are registered in [England and Wales / Scotland] with company number 12749609 and VAT number 193 167 195. Registered office: 5 Eleanors Cross, Dunstable, England, LU6 1SU